28 February 2008

Start With Yourself

The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican bishop in the crypts of Westminster Abbey:

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and dicided to change only my country.

But it too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate atteampt, I settled for changing only family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now as I lay on my deathbed, I suddenly realize; "If I had only changed my self first", then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world.

Anonymous

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ko...nyeinyo...I know u may have even change the world.. :P

Layma said...

အင္း..မိမိကိုယ္ကို ေကာင္းေအာင္ၾကိဳးစားမည္ ဆိုတဲ့ အဆင့္က အရင္ဆံုးစရမွာေပါ့..။

စိုးထက္ - Soe Htet ! said...

Keep it Up Bro !
အတၱာဟိ အတၱေနာ နာေထာ .... :D